COVID-19 Temporary Expansion of Outdoor Dining(Back to top)
If your business has an existing Outdoor Dining Approval, you may be able to expand your outdoor dining area further into the public domain if it is safe and feasible to do so. Temporary expansion of your business’ Outdoor Dining Area can alleviate some of the pressures of COVID-19 social distancing regulations by allowing you to serve customers in a larger space.
Read the short Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions within the Application Form in the Downloads section below.
There are two ways to apply:
- you can fill and submit the Application Form PDF via email, or
- visit the Online Services portal to apply online.
If you do not have an existing Outdoor Dining Approval but would like to use public space for your business activities, see the Street Activity Policy to find the right guidelines and application form for your business.
Standard Outdoor Dining Application(Back to top)
City of Parramatta Council is committed to enhancing urban life and promoting the continued growth and development of outdoor dining.
Outdoor Dining makes a significant contribution to the quality of public spaces and urban life. It provides an active street frontage that is alive and ever changing.
Under section 125 of the Roads Act 1993 and Section 68 of the NSW Local Government Act, any business owners looking to apply for an Outdoor Dining permit must submit an application to Council.
To apply, you will need to submit an Outdoor Dining Application Form along with the following:
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate noting 'City of Parramatta' as the third party (20 million)
- Photo ID (Driver's licence or passport)
- Copy of Certificate of Title/signed lease agreement (front page only)
- Outdoor Dining Site Plans
- Details of furnishings, windbreaks, heaters, planter boxes and/or umbrellas (photos, images and dimensions)
Alternatively, you can log on to Online Services to lodge your application.
Please note, an application fee of $133.00 applies. Businesses located outside of the Parramatta CBD are entitled to a free Outdoor Dining trial.